Welcome back to another week of job round-ups. Due to the fact that not everyone is on Twitter to utilize our job boosts there, this is a little round-up to gather them all in one spot. While I’ll aim to highlight the jobs I see posted during the week, if you want a comprehensive guide to everything out there (inclusive of zines, anthologies, etc.), be sure to check out Paper Cat Press and their fantastic newsletter.
We haven’t done one of these in a while since there weren’t a ton of active jobs going up. But GOOD NEWS!!! A bunch of people are hiring right now and here are a few of the available jobs. Keep in mind that for some of these jobs and in order to apply, you will need to have a Twitter account to reply and get in touch with the hiring party. THIS WEEK’S JOBS:
- WEBTOON: Seeking a bilingual (Spanish/English) editor “to source and develop compelling original content, aimed at our Gen-Z and Millennial audience in Latin America.” Details here.
- IDW: Currently hiring an Editorial Assistant as well as a Group Editor.
- Dark Horse: Filling positions for PR Coordinator, PR and Social Media Associate, Magento Developer, Warehouse Clerk, and Director of Systems Development. All jobs can be found here.
- Epic: Hiring an Associate Editor to help spearhead the development of new and existing IP.
- Fan Expo HQ: Looking for a Show Manager. You can apply here.
- Tapas: Currently hiring an Editorial Assistant, Creative Designer, Contract Translators (various languages), Production Manager, and more. All jobs can be found here.
PAID COMICS WORK Looking for a colorist for a 10 page science-fantasy pitch, in the style of Sergio Toppi and Philippe Druillet. If this sounds up your alley and within your skillset, please link your portfolio/website below. If you already know me, shoot me a DM. THANKS!— Lonnie Nadler (@LonnieNadler) November 24, 2021
Now seeking creatives for a paid graphic novel project by @MichaelaCoel based on ‘I May Destroy You’. Apply at: https://t.co/Vch2xxFGrH pic.twitter.com/e0mmqCjhqR— IMDY Graphic Novel (@ImdyNovel) November 22, 2021
I’m currently on the hunt for an artist that can draw horror comics for a project I’m creating. However, the main character in my project is black, and I’m really struggling with finding horror artist portfolios featuring black characters. If you have one, could you please reply?— Marisa Ewing-Moody 🏳️🌈 (@sassy_composer) November 23, 2021
PAID GIG! I need an artist for a zombie one-shot. Women artists are especially encouraged but the call is open to all. Reply with your portfolio if interested. Please make sure it includes sequential art. Retweet please.#comics #indiecomics— silver stevenson 💀 writing comics (@TheLotusWriter) November 23, 2021
COLORISTS! I have at least three projects right now in need of your skills. Paid! If you’re interested, drop your samples+rates here or DM me! pic.twitter.com/rC4j3Y89RM— Ryan O’Connell (@ryanoc4u) November 22, 2021
That’s it for this week’s round-up. If any other jobs come in before end of day, we’ll update our website with them.
This is a passion project that is funded out of pocket and in my spare time. If you would like to support what both Creator Resource and Advisor are doing, you can do so below:
Best of luck out there, creators! <3
Follow us online here!