Because not everyone is on Twitter to utilize our job boosts there, I’ve decided to try out bringing them here in a round-up. While I’ll aim to highlight the jobs I see posted during the week, if you want a comprehensive guide to everything out there (inclusive of zines, anthologies, etc.), be sure to check out Paper Cat Press and their fantastic newsletter.
Keep in mind that for some of these jobs and in order to apply, you will need to have a Twitter account to reply and get in touch with the hiring party.
THIS WEEK’S JOBS:
- 1919 Magazine: NEW PAID OPPORTUNITY: Introducing the 1919 Abolition Arts and Writing Program! They are seeking applications from writers & artists to create a series of works around abolition. They have $2000 available across 3 funds: Writing, Visual Arts, & Curatorial Arts!
DEADLINE: July 15
- @JamieMeWrites: Looking for a cover artist for a superhero comic. Please reply to this tweet with your portfolio and a way to contact you. Any shares for awareness appreciated.
- Moosecat Comics via Creator Advisor: Looking for an interior artist on a crowdfunded cyberpunk comic. Ideal candidate has strong line art suited for a black and white story. If you are interested, please contact Jesse Keppler via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide a link to your portfolio, your page rate (USD), and information about any previously published work.
- Anna Hollinrake: On the lookout for immediately available freelance comic artists, graphic designers, illustrators to work on some short form projects! Please reply with examples of your work, your portfolio link and your email!
- Daniel Feldt: Looking for LGBTQ+ pixel artists to commission/license some pixel art. If that’s you or if you know someone, please send DM!
- Kerri Resnick: I’m an art director at Wednesday Books and am always on the hunt for new artists to work with. Please reply to this post with a work sample and/or portfolio!
- Joshua Gegen: Looking to commission 6 pages of sequential art (traditionally penciled and inked) on standard 11×17 comic art board to display on my office wall. I’m writing a comic book and want to get a few original pages for inspiration. Apply here.
- Jen Keenan: I’m looking for a picture book illustrator of Arab descent for a picture book project who is available immediately. Please @ me with portfolio links/images.
- Trisha Previte: I’m looking for an artist of Afghan or Uzbek heritage for a contemporary YA story full of family secrets and ghostly magical realism. Please reply with portfolio links/images.
That’s it for this week’s round-up. If any other jobs come in before end of day, we’ll update this page with them.
This is a passion project that is funded out of pocket and in my spare time. If you would like to support what both Creator Resource and Advisor are doing, you can do so below:
Best of luck out there, creators! <3